Helping shoppers discover and understand Buy with Prime on direct-to-consumer websites.
UX Design Intern
Buy with Prime
May - Aug 2023 (12 weeks)
Buy with Prime gives shoppers fast, free delivery and easy returns on eligible products sold on direct-to-consumer websites, outside of Amazon.com.
When merchants use Buy with Prime, Amazon takes care of the payment, processing, storage, delivery, and returns.
I designed elements for merchants to place on their sites so shoppers discover and understand how to shop Buy with Prime products.
I collaborated with:
- Product — I weighed the pros and cons for various solutions while taking into account constraints and timelines.
- UX design — I frequently sought feedback on different design options and updated my teammates on my research and usability findings.
- UX research — I led 2 unmoderated usability studies to measure shoppers’ understanding of my designs and determine what elements merchants find value in adding to their sites.
- UX writing — Through copy and visuals, I effectively communicated the availability of Buy with Prime and how it works to shoppers.
- Branding — I learned about the usage and future vision of Buy with Prime and Prime assets, as well as finalized what properties of my elements merchants can customize.
- Engineering — I explored various implementation options and advocated for experiences that benefit shoppers and merchants.
- Content marketing — I created outlines for the guidelines and blog post that will be provided to merchants, to help merchants quickly and effectively add my elements to their sites.